A 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy Berlinetta was the high sale of Mecum’s annual Daytime Auction in Monterey, CA. The car sold for $3.41m, leading the top ten list, along with five other million-dollar-plus sales.
The auction saw overall sales climb to $45m over three days at the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa’s Del Monte golf course.
Ferraris were the top sellers, taking seven of the top ten slots. The second highest sale was a 3,417-mile F40 that sold for $2.53m, followed by a 1965 500 Superfast Series II at $1.84m and a 1968 330 GTS at $1.76m.
Collection sales were strong this year as well, making up $19.21m of the overall total. Top-selling groups included the Veloce Schnell & Fast Sports Car Collection that saw 21 vehicles total $12.91m, The Don Williams Estate Collection selling eight cars for $1,010,990, and the Mike and Debbie Rogers Datsun Collection, which saw eight cars sell for a combined $1,037,655 — the high seller of this collection was a 1969 Datsun Fairlady Z432 at $297,000.
The top ten sales from Mecum’s Monterey auction:
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy Berlinetta (Lot F84) at $3,410,000
- 1990 Ferrari F40 (Lot S96) at $2,530,000
- 1965 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series II (Lot F89) at $1,842,500
- 1968 Ferrari 330 GTS (Lot F91) at $1,760,000
- 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS (Lot F115) at $1,650,000
- 1963 Ferrari 250GT/L Lusso (Lot F85) at $1,650,000
- 1956 Porsche 356A 1500 GS Carrera Speedster (Lot F96) at $935,000
- 1969 Dodge Hemi Daytona (Lot S128) at $880,000
- 1971 Chevrolet Corvette ZR2 Convertible (Lot S97) at $863,500
- 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona Spider Conversion (Lot F122) at $671,000